East West Medical College & Hospital is a registered institution permitted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh and affiliated to Dhaka University and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC). The college offers 5 years MBBS course as formulated by BMDC.
The Head of the institute is the principal who controls, supervises and monitors the overall academic activities of the institute. There are 4 phases. 1st phase ends with the 1st professional, 2nd phase ends with 2nd professional and 3rd phase ends with 3rd professional examination and 4th phase ends with final professional examination. There are 3 term in 1st & 2 term in 2nd phase.
1st Phase duration (1st Professional examination): 1.5 years ends with the course: 1. Anatomy, 2. Physiology, 3. Biochemistry.
2nd Phase duration (2nd Professional examination): 1 year ends with the course: 1. Forensic Medicine, 2. Community Medicine.
3rd Phase duration (3rd Professional examination) : 1 year ends with the course: 1. Pathology, 2. Pharmacology, 3. Microbiology.
4th phase duration (Final Professional examination): 1.5 years end with the course: 1. Medicine & Pediatrics, 2. General Surgery, Eye, ENT, 3. Obstetrics & Gyanecology.
General Principles for native students:
1. Students who have passed S.S.C before 2013 are not eligible to apply.
2. Students who have passed H.S.C or equivalent examination with physics,
Chemistry and Biology in 2015/2016, are eligible to apply.
1. G.P.A obtained in S.S.C and H.S.C must have at least a total of 9.00 and must not be below 3.50 in any examination.
2. GPA must be minimum 3.50 in Biology in HSC.
General Principles for foreign students:
1. For Kashmiri Students who have passed SSC / O level / 10 Class are not before 2013.
2. For Kashmiri Students who have passed HSC / A level / 12 Class are not before 2015.
For another foreign countries:
* students who have passed SSC / O level / 10 Class are not before 2014.
* students who have passed HSC / A level / 12 Class are not before 2016.
SSC / O level / 10 Class: Minimum GPA – 3.00
HSC / A level / 12 Class: Minimum GPA – 3.00
In Biology minimum GPA is 3.50
Total GPA is 7.00
3. Equivalence certificate of mark sheets of “O & A” level and foreign Students should be obtained from office of the Director General of Health services, (Director, Medical education) Mohakhali, Dhaka and must be submitted with the application form.
4. Any criteria laid down by the D.G Health, Mohakhali, Dhaka.
Procedure of selection for admission for Native Students
1. Selection for admission is controlled by the D.G Health, Mohakhali, Dhaka.