Location of East-West Medical College
East-West Medical College & Hospital at a Glance
East-West Medical College & Hospital has been established under the trustee board of ‘Alim Foundation’ as an institute with a view to offering Medical education and health care services to contribute to the growing need of same services in the country. The institute is located at Aichi Nagar, JBCS Saroni, Khairtak, Turag, Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is situated at the bank of the river Turag with beautiful natural flourishing surroundings, and five kilometers away from Hazrat Shah Jalal International airport.
The academic and Hospital building of the institute is built on its own land of Alim Foundation, having modern classrooms, lecture galleries, practical classrooms, departmental museums, library, reading rooms and teachers corner etc. It also accommodates a cafeteria, a Mosque and separate common rooms for male and female students with facilities for indoor and outdoor games.
The college is affiliated to Dhaka University and approved by the government of the people’s republic of Bangladesh and Bangladesh College of Physician Surgeon (BCPS), It is also recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) It’s also recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), included in International Medical education directory (IMED) and Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
Basic Medical subjects such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Clinical subjects under the faculty of Medicine including Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Dermatology, subjects under the faculty of Surgery including Ophthalmology, ENT, Orthopedics & Gynecology and obstetrics are taught during five years MBBS course. The college has satisfied and maintained all the criteria set by the affiliating and approving authorities regarding the quality and number of teachers. The teachers and the administration are very much caring and pay due attention to all the needs of the students so that a student create a friendly environment encouraging and this can be full homely in the campus. The trustee board of Alim Foundation and the Governing body maintain a constant vigilance on the development of the college as evidenced by its gradual but continuous improvement.
- Established by Alim Foundation & Aichi Medical Group in 2000. Having 5 acres of land.
- Academic Building – Total Floor with basement : 09th
- In each floor area size: 15,000 Sq ft
- Total Area : 1,35,000 Sq ft
- Lecture Hall : 05
- Lecture Gallery : 02
- Tutorial room : 25
- Subject wise Laboratory : 08
- Dissection Hall : 2,000 Sq ft
- Library : 3,000 Sq ft.
- Hospital building floor space: Total 7th floor, per floor – 25,000 sq ft, Total – 2,00,000 sq ft.
- Total bed: 650 & Bed occupancy rate: 70.8% – General bed – 520, Paying bed – 460, Cabin – 100 and Free bed – 90 (Specified).
- Number of Outdoor patient is 565 per day.
- Number of Indoor patient is 462 per day.
- Hospital License renewed for 2019.
- Total seat capacity of East-West Medical College: 120 per session.
- Admitted student of Running session (2018 -19) : 120. – Native – male student : 23, female student : 37 – Foreign – male student : 33, female student : 27
- At present total number of student : 762.
- Hostel seat capacity for female: 550.
- Hostel seat capacity for male : 500.
Alim Foundation These conglomerate is offering Medical, Dental, Nursing -Education, Research, Development & serving the people of Bangladesh with quality treatment facilities for decades. Our Group runs following Institutions
- East West Medical College & Hospital
- Update Dental College & Hospital
- East-West Nursing College & Institute
- East West Institute of Medical Technology(EWIMT)
- Aichi Medical College & Hospital
- Establishment : 2000 Recognition
- Approval : By Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC)
- Affiliation : By Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Enlisted : University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Enlisted : South Asia Regional Organizational for Medical Council
- Member : International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- Member : Bangladesh Private Medical College Association (BPMCA)
- Member : World Health Organization (WHO)
- Member : Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons (BCPS)
- Member : International Medical Education Directory.
The aim of the East-West Medical College is to teach and train the selected Students for five academic years to offer MBBS degree conducted by and dedicated teachers to create graduate doctors capable of teaching distance population within natural arena can serve the population as per need? highly qualified to newly designed community Oriented medical education including MBBS course. To arrange a training course for the young doctors & other staffs. To provide postgraduate training and research with a view to qualified postgraduate doctors. To meet the responsibilities of providing preventive as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
To inspire the students and young doctors to the good human being and to maintain medical thus in this medical practices.
to encourage and train the students and doctors to the caring and passionate while dealing with patients.
strong sense of human rights and a basic desire to serve the suffering humanity.
To accept foreign students, thus earning foreign currency for the country and caring good reputation for Bangladesh. To conduct refresher courses in different discipline for General practitioners. To conduct Free Medical Camp in the remote areas of Bangladesh, with a purpose of services the poor and underprivileged patients in remote areas of Bangladesh, and also to train the students & doctors to work in an adverse environment with limited resources.