East West Medical College & Hospital is a registered institution permitted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh and affiliated to Dhaka University and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC). The college offers 5 years MBBS course as formulated by BMDC.
- Educational Requirements for Foreign Students Only for Jammu and Kashmir:
- Students who have passed Minimum SSC / O level / 10 Class not before 2015.
- Students who have passed Minimum HSC / A level / 12 Class not before 2017.
SSC / O level / 10 Class: Minimum GPA – 3.00 HSC / A level / 12 Class, Minimum GPA – 3.00 In Biology minimum GPA is 3.50 Total GPA is 7.00
- Educational Requirements for Foreign Students Without Jammu and Kashmir
- Students who have passed Minimum SSC / O level / 10 Class not before 2016/2017.
- Students who have passed Minimum HSC / A level / 12 Class not before 2018/2019.
- General Rules for foreigner students
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent: 7.00 (eight)
- Min. GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.5
- Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects) : 5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA.
- Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) : 3
- Year of passing 12th Not More than One year gap. (That is if you apply for 2018 session, you must pass 2017 or after
Equivalence certificate of mark sheets of “O & A” level and foreign students should be obtained from office of the Director General of Health services, (Director, Medical education) Mohakhali, Dhaka and must be submitted with the application form. Any criteria laid down by the D.G Health, Mohakhali, Dhaka.